The tightening competitive situation demands more precise bids
According to our guys, one of the best aspects of the software is that by drawing lines, you can see in real-time what you have calculated, and interruptions do not interfere.
Isokouvola Ltd, established in 1995, operates in the plumbing sector in Finland. The company specializes in pipeline renovations and public sector properties, including schools and daycare centers.
The team consists of about twenty installers, led by supervisors Mikko Luostarinen and Juhani Väinölä.
The responsibilities of these gentlemen include supporting the installers, material-quantity calculation, preparing bids, and acquiring new projects.
Particularly, bid calculation consumes a significant portion of their work time.
– Annually, we submit well over two hundred bids, and there is a considerable amount of calculation involved. However, the calculation itself is unproductive work until the bid is accepted, says Luostarinen.
Calculating project estimates typically requires several days of hard work.
– If the workdays are efficient, even a larger project can be estimated in 3-4 workdays.
How has the intensified competitive situation affected the bidding process?
– Nowadays, we certainly make more precise bids. And using the software allows for more accurate calculations, says Väinölä.
Luostarinen appreciates the usability of the software and mentions that he has always received assistance whenever needed.
– Remote training has also been beneficial when you can see on the screen what needs to be done.
The guys highlight the software's advantages, particularly the real-time visualization of calculations by drawing lines, minimizing disruptions.
– Saving time means, above all, that the CEO is satisfied, Luostarinen says, laughing.
Is JCAD suitable for our company too?
During the free online meeting we will calculate together if JCAD Quantities would be useful for your company.
Choose a suitable time from the calendar and you will receive a confirmation of the meeting by email.
+358 45 343 8950